Are you tired of my infatuation with downtowns yet? Have I mentioned that what I love about a city is that no matter the population you can find a spot where you feel like the only person on the planet.
One of our favorite cheap dates (and by date I mean the 4 of is) is Gold Medal Park in downtown Minneapolis. Tonight we brought Axels bike, the stroller and of course the camera.
Here's the plan Twin-Citians – 6pm – 35W to Washington – turn right, take a right at the first light and park by Izzy's.
- Donate $2 to a Minneapolis Parking Meter and unload your gear.
- Take a 30 minute walk to the Stone Arch Bridge and admire the Mill City Ruins and St. Anthony Falls.
- Take a goofy face picture (we need more practice).
- Grab your ice cream at Izzy's ($16 will feed a family of 4). Kids order "Kiddie + Izzy."
- Eat it on the top floor (Axel's recommendation).
- Fill up your water bottle (ice cream makes you thirsty).
- Head for the spiral hill across the street to wear off your bedtime jitters.
Home in time for 8pm bedtime.
Tonight we watched as a group of conspirators giggled and snickered while setting up a proposal for their soon-to-be-engaged friends. Candles, flowers, two guys and a gal...sitting on a bench with lighters...waiting for the text message to arrive. It was magical to be apart of their excitement.
Need a inner-city date on the cheap? Doesn't get any better than this.
NEW - I'm searchable!
Grab my button: