You can pretty much hear the crickets around my blog lately. We've been ringing in the new year with plenty of new experiences – ones that don't involve the computer.
Here's a brief synopsis of what we've been up to:
- Spent a weekend at Breezy Point
- Went for a dogsled ride (the dogs seemed a bit more 'wild' than 'trained').
- Ollie saw his first fireworks from the balcony of our room. I decided that I like winter fireworks better, it's darker and they glow so beautifully off of the snow.
- Swam until even the prunes on our toes had prunes.
- Made an incredibly long hike to the base of a fire tower, with hopes of climbing it for some fantastic pictures.
We found the most depressing sign AFTER the hike.
- Determined while watching the "snowmobile radar run," "snow golf," and the hoards of hockey families go about
their regular activities that there is a difference between "Minnesotans" and "people who live in Minnesota."
(We are most likely the latter.)
- Had my hair cut and colored at Fantastic Sams. Turns out, they're pretty fantastic...and about half the price of your average Aveda Concept Salon.
- Axel tried out for the local theater company production of Charlotte's Web. He was one of three boys, out of 70 kids total, and the youngest by at least 3 years. I was so proud of him for sticking out the 1.5 hour audition completely on his own. Only wish I could have seem him shine. What an amazing kid.
- We're down one tooth! After weeks of him swearing that, "It NEEDS to fall out on it's own," Grandpa said "pull" and Axel said "how hard?" That's all it took for him to yank the dangler from his mouth and to send the tooth fairy scrambling on a Sunday to pull together necessary preparations.
Hope you've all been staying busy and avoiding the cold. Whether you consider yourselves Minnesotans, People who Live in Minnesota, or People who NEVER Wish to Come Here, I feel like I can understand each and every one of you this winter.
No need to file a missing persons report...I'll be writing more often.
NEW - I'm searchable!
Grab my button: