3rd year in a row I've had the opportunity to write a book with Axel's class. The kids absolutely love it and talk about it every time they see me at school.
We always try to do something timely to the school/world. This being an election year we thought we'd have our own little election.
Here are the results:
Seriously do it. Write a book with your kids' class. Here is the lesson plan.
Time needed: 45 minutes x 1 day a week x 4 weeks
- Creative idea to get the book started
- Basic art supplies (we have used cut scraps of paper, water color, sharpie...)
- Photoshop or other editing tool to combine art with words.
- Camera - for author portraits
- Online publishing tool so parents can order (if they choose) and you can order one
for the school library. I use BLURB.com.
- Week 1: Introduce your idea for the subject and brainstorm. Use web diagrams.
- Week 2: Brainstorm again, creating a story line. Rough draft of art.
- Week 3: Art!
- Week 4: Show the rough copy of the book and add text (depending on their age, your
contribution to the text will change).
- Design book and publish with online publisher.
- Schedule your BOOK RELEASE PARTY!
- Create a flyer for parents to know where to order the book.
- Choose a guest reader!
- Bring treats!
- We use our button maker to make buttons that say "KID AUTHOR".
Any craft would be fun!
NEW - I'm searchable!
Grab my button: